Building Blocks Occupational Therapy is an independent Occupational Therapy Practice that has a special interest in paediatrics and adolescents, offering Ayres Sensory Integration® and DIRFloortime® intervention.
We aim to develop the foundational building blocks in order for children and adolescents to be able to grow and engage optimally in their home, school and social environments. Every child & adolescent is unique and has potential. We are dedicated to building strong therapeutic relationships while journeying with you and your child, and to equipping them with the necessary tools to thrive. We may work with Schools, Teachers and other Health Professionals during this journey.
Some of the areas that we assist in may include the following:
* Midline crossing and bilateral integration delays (dominance, directionality, body skills)
* Postural Control
* Motor planning difficulties / Dyspraxia
* Fine Motor Development (pencil grasp, handwriting, drawing, cutting, object manipulation)
* Visual-Perceptual Skills (reading, writing, numerical skills, memory)
* Developmental delays
* Spectrum disorders
* Socio-emotional challenges
* Planning and organisational skills
* Executive functioning
* Attention and concentration difficulties
* Study Skills
* Delayed independence in activities of daily living (toileting, dressing, eating, play participation).
* Sensory processing difficulties and disorders
* Gross Motor Skills (Balancing, ball skills, Co-ordination)
Assessments & sessions can be offered in English & Afrikaans