TRY SOMETHING NEW THIS YEAR!
Classes are technique based learning experiences and are also a lot of fun! The aim is to encourage children in all spheres of theatre arts. These have been proved to boost their skills in areas which affect their lives and their school work, such as:
* Listening skills
* Team work
* Self growth
* Self-esteem skills, which will equip them to become tomorrow’s leaders and set them on their journey towards successful adulthood.
NCT is fortunate to have top notch experts as teachers in each discipline.
TRANSFORMING LIVES THROUGH THEATRE
Theatre encourages children to learn from seeing life on stage, teaches them to imagine the unimaginable and cultivate curiosity. Theatre helps connect the head to the heart! Children who are involved in theatre are less likely to drop out of school. Theatre helps develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to be successful individuals throughout their lives.
NATIONAL CHILDREN'S THEATRE: A BIT ABOUT US
NCT was founded in 989. It is a unique educational children's theatre organisation with the mission of providing social skills programmes, eco-musicals, and professional edutainment and also of creating the infrastructure for encouraging and launching the talents of young actors, directors, technicians and designers from all social backgrounds.
In 1993, in recognition of the work of NCTm the Johannesburg City Council granted the Trust a 50-year lease of a heritage site in Parktown, which includes two historical houses. These house are used as venues for NCTs productions as well as for educational workshops.
Today NCT is a creative children's theatre project with legal status of a non-profit organisation (NPO) and has been awarded Public Benefit Status (Section 18a), and is dependent on grants and donations.
BENEFITS OF OUR WORKSHOPS
* Providing a platform for children to express and be themselves
* It is a well-researched and proven fact that drama/theatre education helps children in real and substantial ways. It benefits the child academically, physically and psychologically.
* Life skills: Children gain self-esteem, confidence, communication skills and self empowerment.
* Workshops stimulate the imagination and develop concentration, language and communication skills.
* Children from different communities work together, socialize, and become fully integrated, especially learning and respecting each others cultures.
* Children start thinking about a variety of careers in theatre - not every child wants to perform - such as a set designer, music director, lighting technician, public relations, set painters, carpenters, producers and directors.
* Irrespective of their careers, former students say the lessons they learned at NCT play an important role in their lives.
* Children learn in a supportive, creative, and safe environment.
* The Workshops are aimed to children aged 7 to 17. Children are placed in appropriate age groups.
* The Syllabus concentrates on singing, dancing, acting, and also includes improvisation, voice, physical theatre, musical theatre, mime classes are technique based learning experiences - and are also a lot of fun! Children are taught by experts in each discipline.
* Every Saturdays from 09:00 am to 12:00 pm (about 8-10 Saturdays per term)
* Term 1 dates: 22 January - 12 March 2022
* The cost: R1900.00 per child per term (includes a R200.00 registration fee.)
BURSARIES AND SCHOLARSHIPS
IT IS EASY TO REGISTER
* We look forward to welcoming your child for his/her special day!
STAY IN TOUCH, FOLLOW US ON: