Adventure > Abseiling
Adventure > Hiking
Adventure > Mountain Biking
Extra Mural Activities > Rock Climbing Courses
Kids Entertainment > Recreational Activities
Offwidth Rock Climbing based in Lonehill, Sandton values excellent service through best practice. We believe that solid facilitation, coupled with strong, discipline-specific technical skills makes for quality outcomes.
With these at the core of the business, staff hold various qualifications that are, at a minimum, recognised by the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and Moutaineering Development Trust (MDT) in addition to years of experience in their fields.
In rock climbing terms:
“Offwidth climbing is the most difficult to master. It is an awkward space and requires movements that can be physically awkward or uncomfortable.”
(Adapted from John Long, 2003, How to Rock Climb.)
You are well familiar with the fact that aspects of your personal and work life, just like nature, have awkward spaces and uncomfortable situations that require difficult movement in order to progress, and that in some cases being “stuck” is more a mental state than reality.
Offwidth’s team of facilitators, guides and coaches are here to help you as an individual, you as a departmental team, you as an organisation, to creatively analyse your way through these awkward spaces, finding the mental power to move beyond the ”offwidth”.
Research indicates that rock climbing can improve:
* patience, planning & analysis
* problem solving, coping skills & responsibility
* poor muscle tone, balance & co-ordination
* mental & physical focus
* It may also benefit people with dyspraxia and autism.
Our coaching will benefit you if you are:
* a competition climber in need of performance coaching
* a recreational climber wanting to improve your grade or increase your experience of different types of climbing, or
* someone who has never rock climbed before
* Top Rope Climber
* Lead Climber
* Parent/Child Climber Support
Guiding and Adventure
Our recreational adventure trips provide a perfect way to enjoy some physical activity while creating the space for the positive influence of nature in the therapeutic healing process.
Held in a number of different locations, certain combinations can be made of:
* rock climbing
* day walks
* overnight hiking/trekking
* mountain biking (bikes provided only in certain locations)
Guides are DEAT registered and have a number of years of experience.
Substantial evidence exists to indicate that fieldwork, properly conceived, adequately planned, well taught and effectively followed up, offers learners opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills in ways that add value to their everyday experiences in the office.
As with climbing an offwidth, we take a team’s awkward, uncomfortable, difficult space or situation and help them work their way to the top.
Our outdoor corporate events:
* can provide opportunities to identify and work through emotional and inter-personal stressors on the job
* can be used as a tool to help teams struggling with interpersonal dynamics develop new strategies to help them communicate with each other more effectively
* include team building
* include team bonding eg year-end functions
* can form part of an existing wellness service
- Business Locations:
Turley Road, Fleetwood Estate, Lonehill, Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Please login to view all listing details!