Sunny Smiles Assisted Learning Centre is a relaxed, happy and stimulating home environment based in Honeydew, bridging the gap for children with emotional, behaviour, learning or language difficulties.
(GR 000 - GR 3).
* Skills to cope with formal learning - specific preparation for Gr1
- Listening, concentration and comprehension skills
- Following instructions
- Life skills
- Fine and gross motor skills
* Remedial assistance
* Small classes with individual attention
* Computer training/ iPad
* Christian ethos
* Encouragement and building of self esteem
* Incorporating principles of major therapy strategies eg. Sensory Integration
* Private Occupational Therapist specialising in AAC (Alternative Augmented Communication) and Makaton SA is available during school if required.
* Our teachers and assistants are Makaton SA trained.
* 08:00 – 12:00
Qualified Nursery School and Junior Primary School teacher with 28 years teaching experience, 15 of those years teaching in a special needs school for children with emotional or learning difficulties.
Our staff are Makaton trained. Makaton is a form of sign language which helps children to communicate and read, for example to help an Autistic or developmentally delayed child who is not yet speaking properly to communicate with us. Once the child is able to speak properly the signs obviously fall away unless they are forgetting a word.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO